Ewent wants to make Ewent websites easy for you to navigate and Ewent Products easy for you to use. We are constantly improving Ewent websites and Ewent Products to make them more user-friendly.
What information is collected?
We collect personal and product information when you visit our website.
E-mail information using our contact form
When you use our contact form in order to send us general or support related questions, the following data will be stored by Ewent:
- Your e-mail address (encrypted)
- The subject of your e-mail
- The product your question(s) relates to (if applicable)
- The date and time of the contact
- The attachment accompanying your question (if applicable)
Use of our forum
If you use our forum, we ask you to create an account. For this we use your e-mail address and we ask you for a username. Ewent uses the forum exclusively for answering customer questions and for analyzing these questions.
Requests for spareparts or direct handling of an RMA
When you apply for a sparepart or deal directly with an RMA, Ewent comes into possession of personal data such as your address. For tracking statistics in the RMA system, we use the product number and iic code of the product for which service is required.
Registration of a product
You have the possibility to register a product so that we can keep you informed of, for example, firmware updates and improvements. We will only use your e-mail address for these purposes. We ask you for explicit permission to send.
Where to buy / Store locator
No data will be stored when using this service.
Creating an account on the website as a consumer
You can create an account within the Ewent website. The goal is to be able to keep your preferred list and you can see if you are registered on the Ewent newsletter.
Cookies, web beacons and other web tools
We use automatic data collection tools like cookies, embedded web links and widgets (collectively, "web tools"). These web tools collect certain information that your browser or your mobile device sends to Ewent websites and Ewent Products, such as computer IP address, browser type and service provider. In addition, Ewent uses small pieces of code called web beacons. Web beacons allow a website to transfer or collect information through a graphic image request. This allows Ewent to collect information such as the address of the page you are visiting, the address of the referring page you previously visited, what browser or mobile device you are using, and your display settings. Ewent and its partners use web beacons, for example, to find out if advertising on Ewent websites and other websites that contain Ewent ads is effective, or if certain videos on Ewent websites or social media accounts are being viewed.
Ewent may use web tools for the following purposes:
- To identify the user's country and language and distinguish you from other users of Ewent websites.
- To save your registration information for future use on Ewent websites and services.
- To allow customer surveys to appear or not appear to customers.
- To optimize your browsing experience by preloading certain features of Ewent websites and services on future visits to make loading times faster and more efficient.
- To understand how you use and interact with Ewent websites and services.
- To improve Ewent websites and services.
- To count visitors to Ewent website, social media accounts and Products, and analyze website traffic, such as how many visitors have come to the Ewent website.
Third party cookies
Cookies are also placed on this website by third parties. These are for example social media companies such as YouTube. YouTube will include tracking cookies.
You have the following choices regarding Ewent's use of web tools:
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or mobile device. However, many features of Ewent websites and Ewent Products may not work as intended if you disable cookies, and areas that require registration or authentication and Ewent website store transactions will not be accessible.
How do we share your information
We will share certain categories of your information with third parties only in certain circumstances as described below:
Identifiable personal data
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is information that contains data that could be used to directly or indirectly identify you, like your name or email address. We only share this information under extremely limited circumstances. Primarily, this information is shared with third parties to provide you necessary services or to operate your Ewent device. For example, this information is shared on a limited basis to assist in managing the computers that store your personal and device information and to third parties that assist us in providing you with customer support. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Specifically, we may share this information as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates and subsidiaries that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes. If we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, data storage facilities, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., with vendors that help us with delivering products to you, vendors that help us maintain our Site, or analytic providers).
- In response to legal process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent legally allowed, we will notify you of such requests prior to disclosing any information sought.
- To protect us and others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
We may share your aggregated and de-identified information, which is anonymized and does not identify you. We may use this information in a variety of ways, including to publish trends about energy use or home security, and to generally improve our offerings. We may also share this anonymized information with third parties for marketing, research, or similar purposes.
Information that we share with your consent
We may share personally identifiable information with third parties provided we receive your consent to share that information. For example, you may opt to share certain information so it can be posted on your social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter, you may link your Ewent account with another app, Product or Service, or you may opt into providing information to Ewent’s business partners to receive special offers. Information will never be shared for these purposes without your consent.
Information obtained from third parties
If you provide personal information about others or if others provide us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by Ewent websites and Ewent Products. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access unencrypted Personal Information.
If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters, numbers and symbols when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your Wi-Fi-enabled devices, home networks and services (also known as "friendly names") may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
Updates and upgrades
Ewent Products may be updated or upgraded from time to time to provide additional features, address technical issues, and generally make your user experience better.
Third party and social media linked sites
Registration of resellers
As a recognized reseller, you have the opportunity to deal with RMAs directly with Ewent in the Netherlands. To do this, you create an account in our reseller system. Your data will be processed as a contact person for being allowed to apply for RMAs
Resellers also have the possibility to be registered as sales points after approval from Ewent. Here too we store the details of a contact person.
When creating an account you can indicate whether you want to receive a newsletter. You can always unsubscribe from this newsletter.
How we protect personal data
Ewent takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. Ewent uses service companies for the hosting of websites, sending e-mails and providing support. If you have the impression that your data is not secure or there are indications of abuse, please contact email@example.com
Removing your data
You can ask Ewent to remove any personal information you have entered on or website by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Request for the removal of data on the Ewent website”. Please include the e-mail address you used when entering the personal information you want removed. Removing your personal information will be done within two weeks.
You can use your browser or special software to remove cookies.
Updated May 17, 2018.